It’s an honour to finally get nominated for this award, many thanks to Fariha of thoughtfulhues for nominating me! Make sure to check out her amazing, thoughtful blog. I’m sure it’ll be worth your time.
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers who they think need encouragement and recognition. It was started by The Global Aussie in 2011.
The rules for the 2018 Award are as below :
• Thank the person who nominated you
• Display the award on your post
• Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging
• Provide 10 random facts about yourself
• Answer the questions given to you
• Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
• Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
• List the rules and inform your nominees of the award.
My passion for blogging:
Without a doubt what all bloggers have in common is a flair for writing. Hence, words are what fuel my passion for blogging. Besides this I also love coming across like-minded people who share my views. WordPress is a bliss for someone like me.
10 Random Facts About Me:
- My hometown is near Jaipur, called Tonk in Rajasthan. My great, great, great grandfather was a Pathan from Afghanistan, Amir Khan & he used to help Rajputs fight against British. Later on the British gave him the title of Nawab & the princely state of Tonk where he finally settled.
- I like gothic fiction a lot. The first book I read was ‘Dracula’ by Bram Stoker that remains one of my favorites till date.
- My hobbies include painting, writing, watching movies & reading.
- As much as I like being an extrovert, I’m never petrified at the thought of being alone.
- I’m an only child but I’m not a spoilt brat & I don’t spend my parents fortune recklessly as the stereotypes go.
- I love exploring old buildings, castles. One such place is my aunt’s place, she lives in one part of the castle which is equally divided amongst the many children of the Nawaab (He had more wives than he needed).
- Even though I can socialize well my friends know nothing about my personal life. I’m a very private person.
- I struggle with expressing emotions which makes people think I’m cold.
- I can be unforgiving & ruin your self-esteem without feeling even an ounce of guilt. But it takes a lot to infuriate me.
- I love spending time in a library or a stationary more than anything else.
Fariha’s Questions :
1. What is your fondest memory?
One of the many that I can remember at the moment is making short films with my dad. Even though they were extremely unprofessional 😁but I always had a great time making them! I played a magician once, inspired by Harry Potter😂
2. Team Coffee or Tea & Why?
Team ‘Cold’ Coffee to be more specific because I don’t like tea.
3. What is the most courageous thing that you have ever done?
For me it has been accepting the fact that I don’t have to stop respecting myself just because I’m different.
4. What’s your guilty pleasure?
My guilty pleasure is debating. I’ve made my friends cry over silly debates just to prove my point. I can get aggressive but it’s never personal.
5. What’s the biggest challenge about blogging for you?
So far I’m doing just fine but I guess in the near future I might lack motivation to go on. I can’t remain hooked onto one thing.
6. What three items would you take to a desert island?
Water, survival kit & a magic lamp to get back whenever I want to.
7. Would you rather watch a movie or read the book ?
I’d rather watch a movie. If the genre is something that appeals to me then I will read the book.
8. What is the one battle you struggle with daily?
Getting out of my bed.
9. How do you aspire to be a better you?
I want to stay focused on my goals, believe in God & always respect my parents.
10. What is your favourite family tradition ?
I think it has to be Eid celebration because it brings the whole family together from every corner of India & abroad.
Here are my nominees:
This is it for now, I might nominate more bloggers later.
These are my questions for you :
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What does your name mean?
- What are the top 5 songs on your playlist?
- How far can you go to prove yourself right?
- What would be the title of the book about your life?
- What was the easiest life-lesson you learnt?
- What makes you apprehensive?
- How would you define yourself?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What is more important, emotions or logic?
Thanks for reading!